[asterisk-users] Difference between DAHDI/G1/0123456789 and DAHDI/g1/0123456789

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Dec 1 12:02:07 CST 2008

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Groups in asterisk are summarized here
> (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Channels+and+Groups).
> Is there any difference between DAHDI/G1/0123456789 and
> DAHDI/g1/0123456789 (as I've been advised in another thread, to switch
> from one notation to the other and I can't see the reason behind that) ?
>

> Regards

Using 'g' means that channels will be used starting with the lowest available
number and then counting up. Starting with 'G' means to start at the highest
channel number and count down. I believe that incoming calls will use the lowest
numbered channels first, so if your outgoing calls start with the higher numbers
it decreases the chance for "glare" on calls.

Mark Michelson