[asterisk-users] Connecting two asterisks via IAX

Tom Moore tommym2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:14:24 CDT 2008

Easy.
Just create a peer in each office that connects to the other, basic example
on server 1.

iax.conf

[office2]
type=friend
host=office2
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
 context=internal_office_dialing
username=office1
secret=mypassword
trunk=yes

Create a peer on the office2 server to point back at office1 in the same
way.

extensions.conf on office1.
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(IAX2/office2/${EXTEN})

This is a simple setup where office1 has the 1XX extension block and office2
has the 2XX block.

Tom

  _____