[asterisk-users] Connecting two asterisks via IAX

Nuno Marques yangsengopenser at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:35:37 CDT 2008

Hi,

   I need to connect 2 asterisks in 2 different countries (A and B) for one
company so it's possible to make connections between the 2 offices.
   For connectivity reasons (NAT traversal) i want to connect the 2 asterisk
with IAX so that when a user on office A connects via SIP to user on office
B the call is going trought IAX channel.
   Can anyone give me an ideia how to accomplish this?

the schema:

               (via SIP)                        (via
IAX)                            (via SIP)
Office A <-------------> Asterisk A <-------------------> Asterisk B

   Thanks in advance,

          Nuno