[asterisk-users] OT Polycom URI and IP address dialing. Not.

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Wed Aug 27 21:12:39 CDT 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:05:05 -0700, randulo wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've had the following problem with all Polycom phones. They will dial
>a "real" SIP URI such as me at companyname.onsip.com but they will not
>dial 123 at ts.x2z.eu which is the Talkshoe SIP server. Yet, any software
>client I use and my Linksys SPA 941 will call both. The same is true
>for the 123 at ip_address of Talkshoe.

Junction (OnSIP) will not handle calls placed to name at IPa.ddr.ess.###
no matter what the end point.

>There would appear to be some kind of setting in the Polycom phone or
>some mmethodology in the way the URI is called that differs from SIP
>clients and the Linksys phone. Since only the Polycom phones "sees"
>this distinction, what could it be? SRV records? What is the Talkshoe
>address or server doing that onsip.com is not? Or vice versa? Any
>suggestions from you Polycom geniuses out there?

I wonder if its a matter of DNS? I know that I can reach the Talkshoe
bridge by mapping the SIP URI to an OnSIP extension. Then in the
IP600/650 I just dial the extension. That's been wokring for me ever
since I found out about the 123 at ts.x2z.eu address.

Michael
--
Michael Graves