[asterisk-users] OT Polycom URI and IP address dialing. Not.

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:05:05 CDT 2008

Hi,

I've had the following problem with all Polycom phones. They will dial
a "real" SIP URI such as me at companyname.onsip.com but they will not
dial 123 at ts.x2z.eu which is the Talkshoe SIP server. Yet, any software
client I use and my Linksys SPA 941 will call both. The same is true
for the 123 at ip_address of Talkshoe.

There would appear to be some kind of setting in the Polycom phone or
some mmethodology in the way the URI is called that differs from SIP
clients and the Linksys phone. Since only the Polycom phones "sees"
this distinction, what could it be? SRV records? What is the Talkshoe
address or server doing that onsip.com is not? Or vice versa? Any
suggestions from you Polycom geniuses out there?

tia,

randy