[asterisk-users] app_jack and calling with pc only

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Aug 26 16:56:49 CDT 2008

Hello everyone!
   Sorry, if the whole task is silly, I'm new to this.
   I have my newly installed asterisk (1.6.0-beta9) and my AVM Fritz a1 card. I
have a simple German isdn line and I have a microphone, headphones and a
running JACKd (JACK Aduio Connection Kit).
   The question: Can I (mis)use my asterisk CLI interface to make and recieve
calls coming in/going out via the ISDN-card, while using my soundcard I/Os
under JACK as a phone?
   Why I'm doing this and not use another app:
1. I'm blind, I LOVE my console/commandline
2. I tried linphone with SIP, didn't work. JACK crashed and the firewall is in
the way.
3. The others don't have JACK and I need my JACK running (soundcard too big
for the simple ALSA stuff and I'm a musician often in need of JACK's services.
   So asterisk seems to offer all I need. I know it's meant as a SERVER, but
with all this horse-power: Is a simple client so far of the track?
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net