[asterisk-users] OT - Which rackable case for mini-ITX boards ?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 23 09:29:04 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Though this is a bit off-topic on this list, I think this might
> interest those looking to build Asterisk appliances out of mini-ITX
> boards such as http://www.pcengines.ch/alix1c.htm.

If you're interested in the ALIX type boards, there is a reseller in
Australia that offers a rack-mount option.  It's designed to house two
of the boards, though it's not compulsorary.  See
http://www.yawarra.com.au.  The products that would probably be of
interest would be
http://www.yawarra.com.au/product.php?productCode=HW-NT48-R and
http://www.yawarra.com.au/product.php?productCode=HW-AX22-R.

Most Asterisk users would be more interested in the first option I'm
guessing.  It's not the ALIX board - it's the net5501.  The reason it
would most likely be of more interest is that it has a PCI slot
available to it.

I'll add that I'm not affiliated with Yawarra in any way other than
having been a satisfied customer in the past.  I must also add that
whilst I've got an ALIX box myself, I /haven't/ used it as an Asterisk
server - mine is a router.