[asterisk-users] frequent channel reset problem

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 22:09:32 CDT 2008

--- On Fri, 8/22/08, Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] frequent channel reset problem
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 11:00 PM
> Sorry to have posted reply to your email directly.
> Repost to maillist.
>
> resetinterval already set to never to start with.
>
> Thanks
>

> --- On Fri, 8/22/08, Ming-Ching Tiew
> <mctiew at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > From: Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew at yahoo.com>
> > Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Fw: [asterisk-dev]
> frequent channel reset problem
> > To: "Steve Totaro"
> <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com>
> > Date: Friday, August 22, 2008, 10:58 PM
> > --- On Fri, 8/22/08, Steve Totaro
> > <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Steve Totaro
> > <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com>
> >

> > > Try setting resetinterval to never.
> > >
> > > resetinterval: sets the time in seconds between
> > restart of
> > > unused
> > > channels, defaults to
> > > 3600 minimum 60 seconds. Some PBXs don't like
> > channel
> > > restarts. so set
> > > the interval to a
> > > very long interval e.g. 100000000 or
> 'never'
> > > disable *entirely*.
> > >

> > Already did that, this is my zapata.conf :-
> >
> > [channels]
> > switchtype=euroisdn
> > pridialplan=national
> > resetinterval=never
> >
> > usecallerid=yes
> > hidecallerid=no
> > callwaiting=yes
> > callwaitingcallerid=yes
> > threewaycalling=yes
> > transfer=yes
> > cancallforward=yes
> > echocancel=yes
> >
> > rxgain=0
> > txgain=0
> >

> > echocancel=yes
> > echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> >
> > ;echocancel=no
> > ;echocancelwhenbridged=no
> >
> > ;echotraining=no
> >
> > ;faxdetect=both
> > ;faxdetect=incoming
> > ;faxdetect=outgoing
> > ;faxdetect=yes
> > faxdetect=no
> >
> > group=1
> > ;signalling=pri_cpe
> > signalling=pri_net
> > context=incoming
> > channel => 1-15,17-31
> >
> > jbenable=yes
> > jbforce=yes
> > jbmaxsize=200
> >

> > ;jbimpl=adaptive
> > ;jbimpl=fixed
> > ;jbresyncthreshold = 4000
> >
> > group=2
> > signalling=pri_cpe
> > context=outgoing
> > channel => 32-46,48-62
> >
> > ;jbenable=yes
> > ;jbforce=yes
> > ;jbmaxsize=200
> >

> > And my zaptel.conf :-
> [...]

When I re-read my post, there is a danger that people thought that resetinterval fixes my problem. That's not what I meant.

What I meant to say was that, the resetinterval was all the time
set as 'never' to begin with and the frequent channel reset problem
was observed with 'resetinterval' set as 'never'.

What I really need is someone who knows how to read the pri debug
at http://www.geocities.com/mctiew/asterisk/bd2.txt, and perhaps
can tell me what wrong with the said PRI line giving this problem
***ONLY*** to asterisk but not giving any problem to other PBXes
while the same asterisk settings I have used was working perfectly
on another PRI from the same network provider.

Perhaps someone could tell me how to increase the "tolerance" level
of asterisk towards PRI lines with lower quality.

Regards.