[asterisk-users] Any chance this is related to fastagi: received mini-frame before full voice frame

Novak Joe joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 04:52:41 CDT 2008

Hi,
  I have recently been having difficulty with cmd record where calls
are not being recorded.  I would like to know whether it is possible
that my fastagi script is the root cause of the problem.
  I am using a fastagi script written in python to answer the calls,
and the dialogue interaction seems to work fine, the call is
successfully answered, and I can always hear the audio prompts,
however recently I have been seeing a high incidence of failure to
record the user generated audio, which is invariably accompanied by
iax2 debug messages: "received mini-frame before full voice frame".
  Another list user kindly explained to me in a previous message that
this error message means that, if the first full voice frame never
comes through, there is no data on which to base the changes being
conveyed in the mini frames, and thus record doesn't have any way of
knowing what to record.
  My understanding of agi is that it simply passes text commands
back-and-forth between asterisk and the agi/fastagi/eagi script, over
stdin.  This would seem to imply that the record failures I've
described can't be related to the agi script as the actual recording
is not done there anyway.  If possible I'd like to rule out agi as the
culprit categorically in an effort to reduce the problem space a bit.
  Thanks