[asterisk-users] Asterisk build-environment in Xen-DomU

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Wed Aug 20 18:29:09 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate a Asterisk build-environment from a physical to a
paravirtualized machine on Xen 3.0 - on this system Asterisk don't need
to run at all, it is only for building RPMs.

Host OS and guest OS both are CentOS 5.2.

The build of Asterisk, Asterisk-addons and Zaptel works, but MeetMe and
some other components are not compiled because Zaptel was not installed
on the system.

It seems not to be possible to install zaptel in a Xen-PV because of the
lack of a RTC, so first try was to remove every thing RTC-related in
zaptel-1.4.11 but I had no success with that.

So I adapted the ztxen-1.4.2-patch to zaptel-1.4.11 and compiled it
successfully.

I installed asterisk-1.4.20.1, asterisk-addons-1.4.7 and zaptel-1.4.11
on my PV-system and adjusted the zaptel.conf that it only loads the ztxen.

lsmod tells me that the module is loaded:

Module                  Size  Used by
ztxen                   7840  0
zaptel                190852  1 ztxen
crc_ccitt               6337  1 zaptel

But "make menuconfig" -> "1.  Applications" still has "XXX 32.
app_meetme" which means that that zaptel is missing.

If I compile anyway the module apps/app_meetme.so is not created.

Any idea how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot,
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf