[asterisk-users] Is there a way to encrypt passwords stored in the realtime database?

Eric Chamberlain eric at rf.com
Wed Aug 20 12:00:55 CDT 2008

We are exploring using Asterisk for a project and we are looking for a
way to encrypt/decrypt the peer passwords stored in the realtime
database (postrges).

Ideally, we want to use a public key to encrypt the passwords before
they go into the database and have Asterisk use a private key to
decrypt the password as part of the call out process.

Has anyone developed something like this?

--
Eric Chamberlain
Founder