[asterisk-users] FTC Bans Prerecorded Telemarketing Drivel

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 20 10:22:41 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 09:38:48AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> The worst one is a company that sells extended vehicle warranties.  I
> get them on my cell phone and all of my toll frees.  If I wait to get
> someone on the phone to ask to be removed, they immediately hangup,
> not saying a word.  With any luck that will stop.

I told them: if you can continue the manufacturer's warranty on my 21
year old BMW, you bring that right on.  I also told them that I'd
already asked to be put on their DNC list, both manually and
automatically, and had gotten a 4th call.

I haven't gotten a fifth.

Their CNID was bogus, too.

Gives us legitimate telemarketers a bad damn name.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)