[asterisk-users] [Question]Setting CallerIDName using Asterisk Manager Interface API

tosh_hamburg tosh_hamburg at web.de
Wed Aug 20 04:55:01 CDT 2008

Dear list members

We are using an boxed version of Asterisk offered by a german vendor meaning
that we do NOT have any root access to the system, we are not able to do any
dial plan modifications. The Asterisk Manager Interface is available.

We are interested to integrate the system with our Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The idea is to write a service that listens on the Asterisk Manager API port
and starts a request for a caller name is a "EVENT: Newstate" is detected.
When the caller name has been found, the CallerIDName variable of the
channel can be set.

I tried to do this manually by using "AstManWrapper" and got a "Success"
message by the API but the telephone (Snom 360, FW 7.3.7) still shows the
original calleridname.

Is it possible to change the calleridname the way we think?

I appretiate any help.

Best regards,

Thorsten