[asterisk-users] how to cross compile asterisk for cirrus edb9302a board

Selçuk Cihan selcukcihan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:33:46 CDT 2008

Hi, i have been googling for about a week on how to make asterisk run
on my edb9302a board. The board has ARM920T cpu.

A custom linux from cirrus based on kernel 2.6.20.4 is running on the board.

here are a few outputs of uname

/ # uname -m
armv4tl
/ # uname -a
Linux 00602b0348eb 2.6.20.4 #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 14 15:31:04 EEST 2008
armv4tl unknown
/ # uname -r
2.6.20.4

I have looked into the configure script and makefiles it generate, but
i simply could not bring the pieces together.
I have a cross compiler that seem to work(gcc 4.1.1). I have built the
linux from source using this compiler.

I am pretty inexperienced with asterisk and cross compiling in
general. I have played around with asterisk on my ubuntu pc using
ekiga and a sip phone and it works like a charm, i hope i can make
asterisk run on the board also.

the linux on the board has alsa drivers, uclibc etc.

I only need sip to work, so any suggestions on how to build a minimal
asterisk is welcome. Also any other pointers that would ease my
challenge are truely appreciated.