[asterisk-users] Add Service Provider via GUI

Klaus Ruebsam k.ruebsam at gmx.net
Tue Aug 19 05:17:01 CDT 2008

Tzafrir,

TC>Do you have such (working) stanzas for some providers?

as mentioned adding providers to providers.conf seems not to work by means
of the GUI. Yes I may of course add them manually to providers.conf, but
they won´t show up in the selection list.

However providers via Trunks -> VOIP Trunks -> "+ New SIP/IAX Trunk" does
the job, although all relevant provider information has to be entered. eg.
If you have 10 accounts with the same provider, you will have to enter 10
times the providers general data. As you know the information entered via
that way ends up within "users.com".

For sipgate.de the following does the job within my users.conf (replace
"MyContext" and "elwood" with your coresponding user credentials as of
sipgate.de):

----------------
[MyContext]
context = DID_MyContext
host = sipgate.de
username = MyContext
secret = elwood
trunkname = Some name I entered  ; GUI metadata
hasiax = no
registeriax = no
hassip = yes
registersip = yes
trunkstyle = voip
hasexten = no
disallow = all
allow = ulaw,alaw,gsm,g726
----------------

Tthe proper data for providers.conf should be:

----------------
[sipgate]
order = 99
providername = SIPGATE Germany (Sip)
providerlogo = images/sipgate_logo.gif
providerdesc = sipgate ist der kostenlose Internet-Telefonanschluss und die
bessere und günstigere Alternative zur herkoemmlichen Telefonie
protocol = sip
hasiax = no
hassip = yes
registeriax = no