[asterisk-users] Add Service Provider (was: Which is the correct GUI vor Asterisk 1.4 ?)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Aug 19 03:36:50 CDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 07:44:42AM +0200, Klaus Ruebsam wrote:
> GUI used: current 2.0 branch out of SVN
> browser used: IE6 as well as FF 3
>
> >> What is the proper way to add additional providers to the dropdown list?
> bkruse>All you have to do is click 'Add Service Provider'.
>
> I tried: Trunks -> Service Provider -> "+ New Service Provider".
>
> Then I get a popup that allows to select between "Bandwith (SIP), Simple
> Signal (SIP), Voice Pulse (SIP and Voice Pulse (AIX). Hitting the ADD-Button
> only works if I previously marked one of the mentioned providers.

Do you have such (working) stanzas for some providers?

I suppose patches would be welcomed. (I know they would be for my
package)

> Probably I haven´t explained my question sufficiently:
>
> How to add providers such as bluesip, sipgate, 1&1, ... ? Meaning a provider
> that is yet NOT listed in the list of, say "available" providers?
>
> I would expect that I would be asked a couple of questions (mainly those
> data that get´s written to "providers.conf"). Plus a possibility to upload a
> graphic for the provider.
>
> I tried to add a provider manually by changing the file providers.conf under
> /etc/asterisk but that didn´t work at all (the new provider doesn´t even get
> listed. There where even more providers already listed (IAXTEL, bandwidth,
> VoicePulse-sip, VoicePulse-iax, simplesignal, ngt) within providers.conf
> rather than those 4 available in the selection box of the Asterisk GUI.
> Strange ....

Could you please post your modified providers.conf?

And on a similar topic: RSA keys for service IAX service providers.
Currently Asterisk includes only a small number of those. This means
that those keys would be transfered after the installation in a less
reliable way.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com