[asterisk-users] US-based echo test servers?

Paul Chambers asterisk at lists.bod.org
Mon Aug 18 13:43:48 CDT 2008

I find smokeping (http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/) to be very handy as
a longer-term monitor of ping times. I have a section devoted to SIP
peers on my home machine (see http://home.bod.org/smokeping/, click on
the 'SIP Peers' graph). Darren raises a good point, though - those
numbers are for the SIP hosts, not the media gateways.

The numbers here are for a linux box on a fast, low-latency residential
wireless connection, located in San Jose, CA. You may recognize a couple
of the hosts as UK service providers (I'm an English ex-pat).

-- Paul