[asterisk-users] AstDB/Berkely DB - Hash function? Balanced-Tree? b-Tree? Linked List?

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Sun Aug 17 01:32:58 CDT 2008

Thanks for your reply Jay.

You're quite right.  It would have been better to say npa/nxx is a
"relatively" evenly distributed keyspace.  To answer your question
specifically, no, I have not done a distribution analysys (though it
would be interesting).  The point I was trying to make is that a serial
list of all active unique 'npanxx' strings in the NANP would be an
easier keyspace to index than the other 'organic' keyspaces that
databases often have to work with, (such as the customer name index)

-K