[asterisk-users] AstDB/Berkely DB - Hash function? Balanced-Tree? b-Tree? Linked List?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Aug 15 11:27:52 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:56:49AM -0500, Karl Fife wrote:
> The key-space is ideal.  It's just npa/nxx lookups so it's UNIQUE and
> EVENLY DISTRIBUTED

Based on my knowledge of the NPA/NXX space, I wouldn't expect that
either

a) A given batch of random DNs would have either or both NPA/NXX
components evenly distributed over all the valid NPA/NXXs in the NANPA,
or

b) that the assigned NPA/NXXs in the NANPA are themselves evenly
distributed over all the valid NPA/NXXs.

Could you clarify the background that brings you to that assumption?

Do you have empirical data?

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.