[asterisk-users] Maybe a crazy idea, but are there Asterisk hoster outside there?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sat Aug 16 01:03:24 CDT 2008

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> I used to run an Asterisk server in the office, ... was looking for a
> small replacement. I am not sure if that one is a good idea yet either.

Many people here (myself included :) will tell you it's an excellent idea!

> How about this one:
>
> I have VoIP phones, I have a Welgate 3804 (=2 FXO), all what I need is
> an Asterisk server.
>
> Is there a Asterisk hoster out there? Maybe as a virtual machine?
>
> The mini solution does not have all features, but maybe this would still
> allow me to turn off another machine here.

There are lots of 'hosters' - however you don't say what country you're in
- your domain & website suggests Taiwan though, so you need to find one
local to you, as it's no pint myself offering the facility as I'm in the
UK, nor the multitude of others on the list unless they're based in Taiwan
themselves!

However, with 2 analogue lines to deal with, unless you can port the
numbers to a local VoIP provider then you'll probably be better off with a
PBX local to you with 2 x FXO interfaces (TDM410/OpenVox, etc.) to handle
those lines.

If you want something small and ready-ish built, look at a miniITX box and
maybe "pbx in a flash" or trixbox if you don't want to completely roll
your own...

Gordon