[asterisk-users] Asterisk stress call test

Mik Cheez michael_bulk at wildgate.com
Fri Aug 15 12:04:02 CDT 2008

Aby,

Assuming you're building Asterisk from source, you can change the
following in the scan_thread function:

change-
                 sleep(1);

to-
                 /*sleep(1);*/
                 usleep(100000);

This will change the delay from 1 second to 100000 microseconds (0.1
second).

Of course Al's question is more relevant, as placing a thousand SIP
calls is much different than sending calls through a ZAP channel.  If
SIP, then what codec?  Also, you're going to find that Asterisk isn't
the bottleneck in the scenario, but rather the computer (or computers)
itself.  You can look around www.voip-info.org to see how other users
performance tests look before trying your own stress test.  This will
allow you to estimate your own performance before making call 1.

Best regards,

Mik