[asterisk-users] noise cancelling headset vs handset

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Aug 15 11:35:50 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 04:59:26AM -0700, Vikas wrote:
> Observation: When the agents talk using the polycom 650 handset the
> voice quality on the other end is much better compared to if they talk
> using the plantronics noise cancelling headset. If you would like a
> recorded phone call when a agent is taking using the headset vs when a
> agent is talking using the polycom 650 handset let me know and I can
> post a URL to the file under this thread.
>
> Is this happening because they are using a noise cancelling headset.
> It would seem reasonable to expect that the noise cancelling headset
> is cancelling out some of the tones in the voice.

Correct: a noise cancelling headset is going to have substantially
altered audio reproduction characteristics vs. a non-noise cancelling
handset, partially because it's a headset, partially because it's noise
cancelling, and partially because the Polycom desksets have
substantially the best audio I have ever come across.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)