[asterisk-users] Asterisk stress call test

Al Baker bwentdg at pipeline.com
Fri Aug 15 01:18:31 CDT 2008

Saul Bejarano wrote:
> Remember the rule of 30Mhz per call when you kill the machine and also
> the bandwidth usage on connected calls.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Saul Bejarano
>
> aby azid wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm required to make  a stress call on Asterisk server ( > 2000 calls
>> per seconds). Are there tools for me to do this sort of test. I was
>> thinking of sending loads of Asterisk call files simultaneously
>> (starting with 100 call files). Really appreciate if anyone can come up
>> with ideas or tools for me to achieve this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Aby Azid
>> Vyke Asia

Where did you get the "Rule" of 30Mhz per call ???
Wouldn't this be highly dependent on whether it to TDM over a T1 or
whether it was in SIP , and which CODEC it was using.

And why would a properly configured machine "Die", have a HIGH Load
Average - Yes    DIED - Sounds like WinBlows to me

Yoa - Aby - You need to define your test scenario more fully.  Are you
making a call OUT of the box , into the box, .... a MIX
How Long are the calls ?
Net, net , how many simultaneous call are you going to have ?
How man Call Originations are there ?
How may Call Answers ?