[asterisk-users] ENUM lookup

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Aug 14 08:31:54 CDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 07:33:11 Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 14:15 +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > Use the ENUMLOOKUP function, e.g.:
>
> And take note that it's very naive.  See my previous posting for an enum
> AGI that is more intelligent.  The only thing it does not do that I
> would like to add is give up on the DNS lookup much earlier than it does
> if a DNS server is unresponsive.

If you'd like to give a suggestion on how to make the ENUMLOOKUP function
more useful, I'm all ears.  Sometimes the issue is that the people who are
most qualified to make the dialplan functions more useful aren't in a position
to do anything about it (either because they aren't C programmers or because
they aren't ENUM users).

--
Tilghman