[asterisk-users] Sending Set Asynchronous Balanced Mode Extended

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Aug 13 09:22:42 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Jon Weisman <jweisman at ibell.net> wrote:
> So we've got a TE410P configured as E-1. The PRI is showing up as normal, I
> have green lights, but d channel doesnt seem to come up and i keep getting
> this error if i do a "pri intense debug"
>
> The carrier swears up and down that there are no issues on their end. Any
> thoughts?
>
> localhost*CLI>
>> Unnumbered frame:
>> SAPI: 00  C/R: 0 EA: 0
>>  TEI: 000        EA: 1
>>   M3: 3   P/F: 1 M2: 3 11: 3  [ SABME (set asynchronous balanced mode
>> extended
>
> TIA,
> Jon

Let's see your zap confs.  Have you tried looping your card back with
pri_net from another port?

As a side note, I usually keep calling the telco until I get someone
on the phone that is actually helpful and not in a rush to get you off
the phone.  Then I get their extension or DID and of course ask if
they don't mind me calling them directly.  I can usually tell by the
way they answer the phone whether they are really going to try to
help, you can hear it in their voice.

Anyways, you could also really get tough with them once you are sure
the issue is not on your side.  I escalate daily and CC everyone on
the telco side, the sales reps, the managers, everyone on the
escalation food chain.

First, double check everything on your side, configs, cables, punch
down, then insist that they send out a tech with a t-bird (not sure
what the equivelent for e1 is) and stand there and watch him/her do
the testing.  They usually call into the CO and have a series of 1s,
0s, and alternating patterns sent to the t-bird.  Sometimes I have had
this happen on the same day as the call.

Of course, when it is resolved, send glowing happy emails to everyone
you have been complaining to and if someone was really helpful in
particular, give credit where it is due.

That is the way I have learned to get things working more quickly than usual.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro