[asterisk-users] deadalocks in asterisk

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Tue Aug 12 05:53:23 CDT 2008

Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> writes:

> That is actually more of a debug message, and is not necessarily an
> indication of a problem.

It has in >95% of cases (and believe me, we have hit it a lot)
indicated that some SIP conversation has deadlocked (it seems that
it's often a registration causing it). After that sip show channels
fails and phones with subscriptions show the wrong call state. kill
-KILL is the only way to recover -- TERM is ignored, "restart now"
just hangs.

1.4.x and 1.6.x do not have this problem.

> Yeah.  Compile Asterisk with the MALLOC_DEBUG option.  With that, you
> will have the CLI commands "memory show summary" and "memory show
> allocations", which show you all of the memory allocations that Asterisk
> has made by file, function, and line number.

How expensive is that?

/Benny