[asterisk-users] deadalocks in asterisk

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Aug 11 11:01:39 CDT 2008

Benny Amorsen wrote:
> D.J.Sateesh <sateeshdj at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> hi,
>>  i am recieving deadlocks frequently and its calls are getting hanged .
>>
>> Aug 11 13:13:53 WARNING[6367] channel.c: Avoided initial deadlock for
>> '0xb6692258', 10 retries!

That is actually more of a debug message, and is not necessarily an
indication of a problem.

> We upgrade customers who hit that bug to 1.4... The locking is greatly
> improved.
>
> Which reminds me, is there an easy way to see what Asterisk uses
> memory for?

Yeah.  Compile Asterisk with the MALLOC_DEBUG option.  With that, you
will have the CLI commands "memory show summary" and "memory show
allocations", which show you all of the memory allocations that Asterisk
has made by file, function, and line number.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer