[asterisk-users] FAX t.38 on Asterisk 1.6?

Arturo Ochoa arturo at e-electrosystems.com
Fri Aug 8 11:19:16 CDT 2008

Ok, so it's clear now that this feature is missing on Asterisk, but as
Russell states, it's on the roadmap.

So, Can you guys give an alternate idea on what to do on this scenario:

One customer has this situation:
The headquarters are located on MTY, Mexico. They have 2 landlines on
Edinburgn TX, USA because they have presence on that city. When one person
calls to the landlines on TX, the call goes to MTY. If that call is a FAX
it's answered by asterisk+iaxmodem+hylafax and MTY receives an email with
the FAX on PDF. The problem goes when someone in MTY wants to send a FAX to
some other TX customer.

At first I suggested that if they have the document on the computer it'll be
easy to use hylafax or even a webportal called AvantFAX. The problem it's
the kind of documents they send are not computer documents... they really
need the FAX machine...

Any ideas on this ??

Thanks....

Ing. Arturo Ochoa N