[asterisk-users] FAX t.38 on Asterisk 1.6?

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 09:16:53 CDT 2008

JR Richardson wrote:
>> Asterisk 1.6 currently has T.38 origination and termination support.
>> It does not yet have fax gateway support.
>>
>> --
>> Russell Bryant
>
> Russell, Can you please clarify what you mean.  I think there is still a bit
> of confusion as to what termination and gateway and Asterisk 1.6 is all
> about, capability, functionality, call flow to what application, library
> requirements, spandsp versioning.....
>
> And when do you think we can expect to see stable solutions for each.
>
> Thanks.
>
> JR

Err, Origination would be the fax originates from the server and then
gets sent as T.38.
Termination would be an incoming T.38 signal comes in and gets
interpreted at the server.
and Gateway would be when you have a signal from a fax machine that the
server then converts to a T.38 signal (as in the T38Gateway app in
callweaver).

Or am I missing something?