[asterisk-users] Asterisk end-user GUI?

Ming Yong ming at voiceroute.net
Thu Aug 7 17:41:07 CDT 2008

Ken,
Druid is based on Asterisk and we love asterisk for the call control
functionality. We built value on top of asterisk by extending
functionalities to the unified communications space (e-fax, mobility,
sugarcrm integration, google apps integration, auto-provisioning of 5
brand phones)

Check out this review that mentions how we actually preserve the
configuration file
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/asterisk/voiceroute-druid-open-source-edition-launches-offering-new-open-source.asp
If you would like more information about our blackberry application,
send me a mail off-list.

Ming

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken.dambrosio at segway.com> wrote:
> Wow.  Okay, Druid has my attention; I'll definitely be kicking the tires.
> That being said, though, I do have a quick question (that I always have
> about GUIs):
>
> First, I assume that Druid is based on Asterisk; is this true?
> Second, is it possible to make system modifications w/o using the GUI?  I
> love GUIs, but sometimes there's just nothing as cool as a quick Perl
> script.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ken
>
>> Ken,
>> You might want to check out our free Druid Open source unified
>> communications project. It is not proprietary and has open source soap
>> API for third party applications.
>> http://www.voiceroute.org
>> We have mobile integration with blackberry & iphone that no vendors
>> open source or otherwise has. Our Druid SOAP API that powers this
>> integration is free.
>> Check out our youtube oscon presentation on Druid & SOAP API
>> http://www.youtube.com/user/voiceroute
>> Ming
>>

>> On 8/7/08, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:
>>> I badly want to roll out Asterisk at my job.  Unfortunately, my boss is
>>> dazzled by shiny objects.  We had a vendor in today who showed us their
>>> system which, honestly, didn't suck -- but boy, is it going to be
>>> expensive!  One major component of the eye candy was an end-user
>>> interface
>>> that allowed the user to initiate calls to a contact list, check for
>>> presence, create conferences, etc.  Is there anything like that, aimed
>>> at
>>> end-users (as opposed to admins) for Asterisk?  I'd even be willing to
>>> go
>>> with proprietary; I just don't want a wholly-proprietary, hobbled,
>>> licensed-to-Heck-and-back system, which is where it looks like my boss
>>> is
>>> leaning.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Ken

>> --
>> Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com
>>
>> Ming Yong
>> CEO, www.voiceroute.org
>> Druid - Open Source Unified Communications
>> DID: +1-877-242-3704
>> Office: +1-866-915-2407 ext 301
>> SIP/email: ming at voiceroute.net
>> Meet us at LinuxWorld 2008, 4-7 Aug 2008, Moscone Center, San
>> Francisco, Booth 1626
>> http://druidlinuxworld.eventbrite.com
>>
>> Meet us at WEB 2.0 EXPO, 16-19 Sept 2008, Javits Center, NYC, Booth #17
>> http://druidweb20.eventbrite.com
>>
>> See Voiceroute OSCON 2008 Druid project presentation on youtube
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gfIAXm5vTc
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkm6P4O0oac

Ming Yong
CEO, www.voiceroute.org