[asterisk-users] Asterisk end-user GUI?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Thu Aug 7 17:38:05 CDT 2008

[Sorry if this is a duplicate; originally sent from an address the list
doesn't "know."]

Wow.  Okay, Druid has my attention; I'll definitely be kicking the tires.
That being said, though, I do have a quick question (that I always have
about GUIs):

First, I assume that Druid is based on Asterisk; is this true?
Second, is it possible to make system modifications w/o using the GUI?  I
love GUIs, but sometimes there's just nothing as cool as a quick Perl
script.

Thanks!

-Ken

> Ken,
> You might want to check out our free Druid Open source unified
> communications project. It is not proprietary and has open source soap
API for third party applications.
> http://www.voiceroute.org
> We have mobile integration with blackberry & iphone that no vendors open
source or otherwise has. Our Druid SOAP API that powers this integration
is free.
> Check out our youtube oscon presentation on Druid & SOAP API
> http://www.youtube.com/user/voiceroute
> Ming
>

> On 8/7/08, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:
>> I badly want to roll out Asterisk at my job.  Unfortunately, my boss is
dazzled by shiny objects.  We had a vendor in today who showed us their
system which, honestly, didn't suck -- but boy, is it going to be
expensive!  One major component of the eye candy was an end-user
interface
>> that allowed the user to initiate calls to a contact list, check for
presence, create conferences, etc.  Is there anything like that, aimed
at
>> end-users (as opposed to admins) for Asterisk?  I'd even be willing to go
>> with proprietary; I just don't want a wholly-proprietary, hobbled,
licensed-to-Heck-and-back system, which is where it looks like my boss
is

http://druidweb20.eventbrite.com