[asterisk-users] FWD $30 membership-fee

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 12:34:52 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Joseph <syscon780 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just received an email notice from FWD about $30 membership fee.
> My question: Is the email genuine? Did anybody else receive it?
>
> I'm just trying to be sure that it is real and not a scam.
> The (FWD) does not do anything to authenticate such emails (implementing
> GPG/PGP signature etc.)
>
> If the email is genuine, I hope they will improve their service; as of now
> their IAX server is not working.

I just went to www.freeworlddialup.com and the top banner says something
about Paid Membership which links to:

http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=138192

I'm not sure whether they will discontinue offering the "free" accounts. I
sure hope not, they would have to consider a name change too. I don't really
use FWD but I'm sure a lot of users would be affected.

- Gonzalo