[asterisk-users] Queue Penalties not working properly

Syed Nasruddin nasruddin at ncel.com.pk
Tue Aug 5 07:40:21 CDT 2008

Hi,

I am using Asterisk 1.4.18. I am implementing Penalties for my agents.
What is happening: two agents configuired one agent with penalty 1 and
the other with penalty 2. All the calls must go first to Agent 1 and if
his line is busy then only then agent 2 will get the call. However my
queues are not behaving in this manner. I have impmemnted ringall
strategy. Now when first call comes it ends up with agent 1, when secnd
call comes it continue wait in queue and doesn't go to agent 2 and when
agent one is free it goes to this agent.

I have set penalties in queue.conf. I have monitered my queue and
witnessed that my agent1 status shows Not In Use and Agent 2 also same
status is this the reason behind this. I have copied my queue show
results below.please help . how do I change this stauts problem

callcenter*CLI> queue show

myqueue      has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (14s
holdtime), W:0, C:2, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s

   Members:

      SIP/1001 with penalty 1 (Not in use) has taken 2 calls (last was
2233 secs ago)

      SIP/1000 with penalty 2 (Not in use) has taken no calls yet

   No Callers

Syed nasr