[asterisk-users] Random reboots on IP-601 after changing network topology

Laurent CARON lcaron at lncsa.com
Sun Aug 3 15:06:36 CDT 2008

Hi,

We did move an office from a remote building to another floor in our
building, allowing us to directly hook the switch in that building to
our core switch (GigE).

In the past, the phones were on the same subnet as the * server.
All the phones worked flawlessy for about two years.

Since the move, the phones are on the network mysubnet.13.0/24 and the *
server on mysubnet.0.0/24.

Randomly my IP601 (430's are not affected by this bug) are rebooting.

I've got the boot & app log of the phones should it help to track the
problem down.

The phones are all hooked to a 3COM 4500 PWR switch.

If i move the IP601 to the same VLAN as the * server, the phones are not
rebooting anymore.

Did someone already experience such a behavior ?

Thanks

Laurent