[asterisk-users] TDMoE with Telco

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Aug 3 13:59:45 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
> --Original Message Text---
> From: Yacine Boukaba
> Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:54:08 +0100
>
> Hello, is it possible with TDMoE to replace classic digital T1/E1 interfaces
> like digium and sangoma cards connected to a telco. Or TDMoE is only
> possible for connecting two asterisk boxes using their NIC interfaces. if
> TDMoE can work with an T1/E1 connected with telco how we can get the remote
> mac address of the telco interface ? ThanksNo virus found in this incoming
> message.
> 6:59 PM
>
> I thought that TDMoE was largely depricated in the wake of DUNDi?
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Graves
> mgraves<at>mstvp.com
> http://blog.mgraves.org
> o713-861-4005
> c713-201-1262
> sip:mjgraves at pixelpower.onsip.com
> skype mjgraves
> 54245 at fwd.pulver.com

Not as far as HA Asterisk and PRIs using products such as the
Redfone's fonebridge.

To the original poster, I seriously doubt it, never heard of anyone
doing this and ANY network issues are going to ruin your calls.

I think your best bet would be to find an ITSP, preferably that
handles both the IP and PSTN sides of the equation, then you could
utilize G729 and get more calls out of the pipe.

I guess the real question is, why are you asking this question?

Thanks,
Steve T