[asterisk-users] sip show peer [load] says not a realtime peer

J.M. aerobars+asteriskusers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:16:43 CDT 2008

When I do a "sip show peer <peer> load" command in the Asterisk CLI I get
the information about the peer I requested, however, there is a line that
says "Realtime peer: No".  All the other information is correct.

According to "help sip show peer" the "Option "load" forces lookup of peer
in realtime storage.".  Also, this particular peer is only defined in the
database (I greped all the files in the /etc/asterisk directory to make
sure).  Why is my realtime peer not being reported as a realtime peer?

I ran across the above command while trying to figure out why my realtime
peers (which register just fine) are not shown with the "sip show peers"
command.