[asterisk-users] RAS with Asterisk and PRI

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Tue Apr 29 12:09:30 CDT 2008

Alexander Lopez schrieb:
> If you want to do RAS (modem or data) I would suggest going with a
> Portmaster PM3(Livingston, then purchased by Lucent, They are reliable
> and pretty cheap. You can use Asterisk to route the calls into it if you
> use a two port card.
>

> You can find them at www.portmasters.com
> pm-3a-2t-r  PM-3A-2T w/48 56k v.90 modems  $395.00
> $400.00 it will save you more in time and aggravation.

Another solution that i thought of, was just to use an ordinary ISDN
Card like an AVM!Fritz.
Configure the pppd for this card, plug an cable from the Fritz to my
Junghans Card.

This is not very elegant, but cheap and saves one the hazzle with
patching software that runs smoothly or has to be upgraded ...

regards

--

  Tobias Wolf

  Leiter Softwareentwicklung / Kommunikationslösungen

  Evision GmbH

  Wittekindstr. 105

  44139 Dortmund

  Tel: +49 (0)231 - 47790 307

  Fax: +49 (0)231 - 47790 500

  http://www.evision.de

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error
please immediately delete the E-mail and notify the sender at the
above E-mail address. Thank you.
Hövener & Trapp Evision GmbH, Dortmund - HRB Nr.12477, Registergericht Dortmund - Geschäftsführer Christoph Begall