[asterisk-users] psql

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Apr 28 11:49:14 CDT 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 12:19, Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Tilghman Lesher
>
> <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 April 2008 11:11:28 Steve Totaro wrote:
> >  > On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Tilghman Lesher
> >  >
> >  > <tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> >  > > On Sunday 27 April 2008 01:46:23 Pezhman Lali wrote:
> >  > >  > I am using ast 1.4.19 with postgres.
> >  > >  > the realtime extension was done properly, but the two
> >  > >  > following warning was reported,
> >  > >  > 1)realtime_pgsql: Postgresql RealTime: Could not find
> >  > >  > any rows in table extensions.
> >  > >  > 2)realtime_multi_pgsql: Postgresql RealTime: Could not
> >  > >  > find any rows in table extensions.
> >  > >
> >  > >  Those warnings are safe to ignore.  They really should be at log
> >  > > level DEBUG, not WARNING, because queries will fail to retrieve any
> >  > > results much of the time.  This is due to our searching for matches,
> >  > > which starts at the most specific match first and falls back to more
> >  > > general matches. So any match for extensions that employs a pattern
> >  > > match will always generate one query which succeeds, but fails to
> >  > > return any results.
> > >
> > > Not to start any huge debate, but what is the best (most tested and
> > >
> >  > stable) database setup?  I am under the impression that MySQL plus the
> >  > ODBC driver is "the best".
> >
> >  That's fine, but I have had the most horrid results using any
> > distribution- supplied ODBC drivers.  The best results are obtained by
> > source-compiling the latest ODBC drivers, whether they be the MySQL ODBC
> > Connector 3.51 or PsqlODBC.  UnixODBC is fairly safe to use from
> > distribution channels, however.
>
> I use UnixODBC.  You say "fairly safe".  Is the MySQL ODBC 3.51 your top
> choice?

I wouldn't call it my top choice, but it is a fairly typical choice, given
that the data stored there tends to be rather static.  If I was needed a
database where I was a bit more paranoid about data integrity (like if I was
interfacing with a billing backend), I might use Postgres.  However, that's
not typically the case.

--
Tilghman