[asterisk-users] Dell 1950

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 28 09:16:06 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Eve-Ellen Cole <ecole at mail.plymouth.edu> wrote:

> I am thinking of going with a Dell PowerEdge 1950 ||| for a new
> CentOS/Asterisk set up.  It will have dual 2.33GHz processors, 16GB memory,
> two 500GB hard drives (presumably mirrored).  I also plan to get a Digium
> TE220B to go with it.  (a non-dell server is not an option, but I am
> wondering if there is a better one to consider)
>

> The system will be a voice mail repository for 4-6,000 students.  Each time
> a voice mail is left, an email notification will be sent to the student.
> The email notification will provide a web link to direct the student to the
> voice mail itself.
>

> Anything I need to consider changing?  I'm interested in any feedback you
> are willing to provide.  Many thanks!

I don't use Dells except in pure VoIP setups.  I found this link
http://www.gomiem.org/conferences/TC08_9_ip_telephony.pdf

I think the newer Digium cards play MUCH better with Dell now.

Take a look at CSID configuration 1.  It seems they use it as their
platform so I would take that as a good sign.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro