[asterisk-users] Paging for analoge devices

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 05:39:25 CDT 2008

Hi All;

Just would like to know if Boger, UPAM, and Onkyo can
be connected to the FXS ports and take extension from
asterisk?

And why Onkyo is needed if I need to use horn
speakers?

Regards
Bilal

---------------

 <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > > > > > Anyone knows (tried) to use Page for
 analoge
>  >  > > > > phone(zaptel channel - fxs)? If yes,
 how?
>  >  > > >
>  >  > > > Bogen Rulez
>  >
>  > > >
>  >  > > Sorry I did not understand any thing from
your
 reply.
>  >  >
>  >
>  > > Google is your friend.  I discovered very
quickly what
 they were
 talking
>  >  > about by googling.
>  >
>  >  You may be able to find the device a little
cheaper, but
 without
 the brand
>  >  name, by searching for "UPAM".  Typically, these
will have
 the
 "AT&T" or
>  >  "Lucent" names branded on them, despite being
identical and
>  >  manufactured by exactly the same entity.
>  >
>  >  --
>  >  Tilghman
>  >

>  Yes, but Bogen sounds so much better than UPAM ;-)
>
>  (noted for future paging needs, I am doing a
concrete factory
 next
 moth)

>  Thanks,
>  Steve Totaro

Just thinking about it, I could pick up a nice
refurbed Onkyo and some
horn speakers and create an industrial paging system
complete with a
couple of zones for much less than any other over
priced "paging
solution".

A and B speakers could be used for two zones and
balance could be used
for two other zones.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=40236464&source=EWBBASE&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=40236464

Thanks,