[asterisk-users] Manual Wardialer

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 28 06:57:27 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Arthur <pylinuxian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Please contact me off-list if you would like to test out my beta
>
> i'd be glad to do that.
>

> >   It is connected to a TDM PRI.  Where are you calling?  I pay a penny a
> > minute but would be glad to eat that cost for real world testing.
>
> I also use PRI  links only ... & the thought of testing a wardialer makes me
> feel like the bill is gona be very fat.
>
> but maybe we could run the tests using sip accounts ... at least you know
> how much minutes you can afford.

Well provided you are following the laws for telemarketing, don't have
a huge volume (nor a very small volume of calls), and are calling
within the US, I would setup an account for free.

My servers are connected to PRIs, I could forward the answered call to
a landline but the time it takes for call setup is much longer than a
SIP phone and the regulation is that you (the telemarketer) must be on
the line within two seconds of the customer answering the phone.  Also
it doubles the cost since both legs are TDM.

The only reason I am posting this to the users list is that the code
will be released under the GPL but I will also be offering "hosted"
service and would like some people to test the system.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro