[asterisk-users] Manual Wardialer

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Apr 28 06:49:59 CDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Arthur <pylinuxian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > exten => wardial,1,NoOp(wardialing:
> i didn't mean i wanted a wardialer ! i meant a simple predictive dialer
> (that is no rich features, only to be able to make transfers internaly &
> externaly & to show data of called lead to agent)

Well that is what I am offering to a degree, I just stated that it
would work in OP's wardialing scenario.

Here is essentially what the system does.  You login to your account,
upload a CSV file with at least phone numbers.  Right now the format
of the data is specific, the next release will allow you to create
fields and the order of those fields.

Once your dataset has been uploaded, you select how many simultaneous
outbound calls you would like to make and click "Start Campaign".  The
dialer will start dialing (let's say you specified five concurrent
outbound calls) five numbers at a time.  When a call is answered, the
other calls are dropped or if answered before it can hangup, a
recording can be played.

On an answer event, the dialer pauses, bridges you with the answered
channel and uses AJAX to display all of the data that you uploaded for
that record.  It is basically instantaneous.  After you complete the
call, you click "Resume Campaign" and the dialer continues from where
it left off.

At this point it works great but does not tie into any CRM which is
easy enough to add later, the other thing is the system is not
"predictive" so you have to massage the concurrent dialout trunks.

The idea came about because some college buddies of mine that used to
be in the subprime mortgage business are now scrambling to find a new
niche.  They are mostly one man shows and can no longer afford
telemarketers, so this allows them to do much more dialing
automagically which, with any luck will allow them to stay afloat.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro