[asterisk-users] Playback / Background / Read choppy, but musiconhold fine, even with ztdummy

Benjamin Jacob ben4asterisk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 02:18:59 CDT 2008

http://www.openvox.com.cn/products_detail.php?genre_id=9&id=28

> If you can get the bare card, you can use it for
> timing with a little
> magic that can be found via google.  If not, get one
> with an FXO or
> FXS and you will add a little flexibility and have
> real hardware
> timing.
>
> If you continue to have issues, then you can
> eliminate timing and
> focus on processes I would think.  I had a client
> running spamassassin
> on their Asterisk box which doubled as their
> corporate email server,
> geewhiz, I wonder why they were "having issues".
>
> Another odd thing Tzafrir helped me to notice was (I
> don't remember
> what version of CentOS) that the time was jumping
> ahead a couple of
> minutes and then back.  Running top, you could tell
> something was up
> because it was refreshing way too fast.  Then typing
> date on the
> command line repeatedly showed the time jumping all
> over the place.
> Might want to check that out too.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

Thanks again guys.
the 'watch -d -n 1 cat /proc/interrupts' showed things
to be ok.. the rtc cycles increasing by 1024+ per
second.

In the process of cleaning up unnecesary processes, I
came across this line :

/usr/sbin/vmware-guestd --background
/var/run/vmware-guestd.pid

GASP!!!! so does this mean this is a virtual machine??
I have got no idea about virtualization yet. So how do
I confirm if this is a virtual machine or not??

And is it advised to run asterisk on a virtual
machine?

- Ben.