[asterisk-users] init scripts

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Sat Apr 26 15:07:59 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 08:24:45PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>> Tzafrir Cohen schrieb:
>>
>> > Most people who don't understand what init.d script are do that. And
>> > later they reboot the sysetm unnecessarily because they can't properly
>> > restart Asterisk.
>> >
>> > Recall that Asterisk must be run after Zaptel. Ordering of init.d
>> > scripts is something that is easy to assure and is assured with the
>> > default asterisk and zaptel installations.
>>
>> Unfortunately asterisk's init.d script for Debian is neither
>> compliant with Debian's rules for init scripts nor LSB compliant.
>> And the integration of safe_asterisk doesn't always work as
>> expected. :-)
>
> safe_asterisk is buggy. Period. There's a limit to how much we can fix
> it.

Sure. The issues with safe_asterisk have been discussed
several times (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9843 etc.)
so I didn't mean to start over. Never mind.

> And anyway, in Etch Debian has not supported service
> dependencies. In Lenny it will.

Right.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998