[asterisk-users] Drag and Drop transfer application

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 20:06:43 CDT 2008

> any of you guys have used FOP for drag and drop transfer on 30 40 phones
> environment?

At one point, I used it for about 35 phones (25 users).  I had to
really do some adjusting to the size of the buttons, but it worked
well.  I thought it was very useful, as it showed MWI status, and was
great for dragging and dropping people into meetme conferences.  In
the end, though, the receptionist found it easier to just do transfers
with the phone buttons, so we abandoned it.  YMMV.

> how stable is that?

The version I used is probably a couple of versions old now, and it
was pretty reliable then.  I imagine it would has probably at least
stayed as stabled if not improved a bit.

> I'm playing with it but so far drag and dropping phone icon to another phone
> disconnectes the call.

The setup is not necessarily easy.  I spent quite some time with it
before I had everything working the way I wanted.  I don't know if
this is still the case, but the developer, Nicolas, is very helpful
and maintains his own mailing list for support issues.

- Noah