[asterisk-users] AST-2008-006 - 3-way handshake in IAX2 incomplete

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Apr 24 09:13:15 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 18:26, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 08:52 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > Please understand that that's NOT the only security fix that has gone in
> > during that time.  If this is the only thing that you fix, you're likely
> > to be vulnerable on several other levels.  See our full list of security
> > disclosures at http://downloads.digium.com/pub/security/
>
> Hrm.  Interesting.  I don't recall seeing any of those others, such as
> AST-2008-005 on this list.  Is there some kind of "threat level"
> threshold that's applied to what makes the list(s) and what doesn't?

Check the archives.  Every single one of the advisories goes out to -users,
-dev, -announce, and -security, along with 4 outside lists (bugtraq, voipsec,
full disclosure, and one other that I can't think of at the moment).  The
advisories are also posted at asterisk.org, and I think most of the people who
blog on Asterisk pick up the advisories, as well.

In short, I can't think of a reason why you should be unaware of any security
advisory regarding a past release of Asterisk.

--
Tilghman