[asterisk-users] need examples of asterisk and mysql integration

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed Apr 23 13:58:02 CDT 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> The dialplan isn't compiled either.

I guess I didn't make that point forcefully enough.

> Now, if it is simple enough to be implemented with the dialplan, then
> you don't need to execute half the logic in a separate environment and
> don't need the performance hit.

I'd like to put this "performance hit" thing to rest. I respect your
knowledge and expertise -- I always seem to learn something new (to me)
from your posts.

How would you "quantify" the "hit?" On my recently retired dev box (1.6GHz
Celeron), I could execute 100 AGIs per second but that doesn't really
answer the question.

> Anyway, what about dialplan logic in lua? Anybody actually uses that
> thing?

Oh great -- another scripting language to learn :)

Thanks in advance,