[asterisk-users] need examples of asterisk and mysql integration

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Apr 23 13:20:17 CDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:07:01AM -0700, Steve Edwards wrote:

> > Mike Trest - On Travel wrote:
> >>
> >> I suggest you look at writing a PERL  agi program to handle all of
> >> the MYSQL / DB
> >> access and just pass variables between your CONTEXT/dialplan.   I have done
> >> a lot of these things.  You can get PERL examples for DBI  and use one of
> >> provided  agi scripts as a prototype.
>
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Al Baker wrote:
>
> > Why would you go to the trouble of writing a PERL AGI and take the
> > Performance Hit of using AGI as opposed to using the  "built-in"  MYSQL
> > from the dial plan ?
>
> AGIs do not have a substantial "performance hit" and I think people need
> to get this misconception out of their heads.
>
> Writing AGIs in a scripting, non-compiled language may be great for
> prototyping and proving concepts where performance is not expected to be
> an issue. Personally, I don't write AGIs in anything but C. It's the
> sharpest tool in my kit and I know it best.

The dialplan isn't compiled either. Now, if it is simple enough to be
implemented with the dialplan, then you don't need to execute half the
logic in a separate environment and don't need the performance hit.

Anyway, what about dialplan logic in lua? Anybody actually uses that
thing?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com