[asterisk-users] OT - How to configure TAPI client-server ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Apr 22 14:43:55 CDT 2008

Hi,

ActivaTSP provides a way for TAPI compliant applications to access an
Asterisk telephony server.

On one hand, ActivaTSP uses AMI to dialog with Asterisk.
On the other hand,  ActivaTSP in integrated to TAPI middleware so that TAPI
applications (Outlook, ACT!, ...) gain access to Asterisk.

My question is mostly about TAPI installation and configuration (that's why
it's a bit off-topic in an Asterisk User mailing list).

How do you configure an Outlook/XP client, so that it can use a TAPI Server
Provider on a W2003 server ?
More precisely, is the following correct ?

- $ tcmsetup /c tapisername (from client's DOS)
- enabling Microsoft Windows Remote Service Provider in Config panel/Modems
- selecting remote TSP as Dialing option when calling a contact within
Outlook

In my case, I can't see any remote TSP (only standard and default ones such
H323, IPCONF, Unimodem ...) in Outlook's Dialing option dialog box.

Cheers