[asterisk-users] Can I roll my own E911?

Mike Trest - On Travel Mike at Trest.COM
Tue Apr 22 13:11:13 CDT 2008

At 01:17 PM 4/22/2008, you wrote:
>My question would be - is this actually compliant with the FCC E911
>regulations applicable to VoIP providers?

IMHO and EXPERIENCE before FCC, this arrangement is NOT compliant

Reason:  multiple subscribers using the same number
               neither number nor name nor location can be
               tied to a specific subscriber at the time of use.

You will need waivers on file from each client that acknowledges
the E911 service is verbal contact only and will not have a
fixed location or subscriber name associated with the number that
is seen by the E911 service provider.